Stitching Blogger's Question

What are your thoughts on craft and/or needlework shows? Have you one or are you planning on going to one this year?

The first needlework show I went to was the show in Harrogate last November. I looked forward to it for weeks - especially as I live in Harrogate and the venue was only a 5 minute stroll from my office.

Boy was I disapponted. I have never been in the presence of so many rude women in my life. I was elbowed and shouldered out of the way when looking at stands because somebody else wanted to look. No "excuse me please". People were just stopping in the middle of aisles causing big jams and then other people just barged through - at one point I was sent flying.

I was suprised at how many stalls appeared to have little if any connecion with needlework. Some stalls that I was interested in I was ignored by the stallholders and in one instance when I asked a question regarding a particular silk I was interested in I was give a very curt answer. This supplier I know imports these silks from the States but obviously they weren't prepared to talk to me at the venue. I came away having spent very little and immediately went online shopping in the States - much more satisfying.

It is for these reasons I am not going to Olympia. I haven't decided if I'll brave Harrogate again - it seems such a shame when it is so close.........................we will see.

I went to a Lace Day also held in Harrogate a couple of weeks ago. The venue was tiny and I did still get pushed about by people wanting to be where I was - but at least the stalls were relevant, the stall holders wanted to talk to their customers and there was room to move.


Waste of time

On a different note I've just had about 10 days away from the office. I did hardly any stitiching. Now I'm back at my desk and my fingers are itching to stitch I can't believe I 'wasted' so much time. I managed to finish part 2 of the Mystery Sampler 1 and am planning to start part 3 tonight.

I use stitching as my primary stress reliver so I guess when I'm not working I don't get stressed and don't feel the urge to stitch as strong. Still I feel cheated - only 2.5 hours until I can go home and stitch. My fingers really are itching to stitch..............

SS

Comments

Popular Posts