Introducing Betty

There were three things that I wanted to do when I became self employed.   It took me 14 months but the final one of those three was achieved last month.


I would like to introduce Betty...........



Betty is a Bobbin Birdie and as you can see is complete with basket, bell and a cute pannier - she also has a lovely pink lock, spotty seat cover and I have a rather fetching helmet to match (it is neither pink nor spotty).

I spent several hours over the past year at the local bike shop talking about what I wanted - a bike for riding around town and something that made me smile every time I looked at it.   Unlike my cars, which I buy old and battered to give me a couple of years service Betty and I are in it for the long haul.  With that in mind I had a wish list - I knew exactly what I wanted and why.  The compromise was that it took me 12 months of saving before she could me mine.  

For the past six weeks every journey to town has been with Betty - I haven't used my car.  As a result I've save at least £60 in petrol and parking charges.

I have ridden down streets I never knew were there.  I've become more confident on the roads and I love cycling across the Stray.



It's more than a way of travel - it's a way of life.







Comments

nocton4 said…
Such a beauty, still completely jealous
Happy days xx
Unknown said…
So jealous! In the nicest possible way. I've always wanted a bike with a basket on front. Enjoy!
yahoo helpline said…
Very nice,,Thanks for sharing...
ron said…
nice
An extremely attractive bike! How long did it take to you to make it adorned and look like this? I'd like to order one)
Unknown said…
Appreciate your posts! Thank you!
http://awriter.org/

Popular Posts