Aion - a tribute


A couple of years ago when I was bored at work and googling stitching I found a website that has been a wonderful companion ever since.

Aion, an ezboard chat forum has been a wonderful part of the online stitching community for a number of years. A couple of years ago I would be logged on all day, keeping a window open on my desktop at work so I could flip over to check new messages throughout the day - and there were a lot of messages during the day.

I learnt a lot, laughed a lot, cried a little and was in awe at the talented stitchers I was 'chatting' with.

There were meet ups - once or twice a year Aioners made a pilgrimage to Nuneaton (UK) and spent a day meeting each other in person. I will never cease to be amazed that at such get togethers it is like meeting old friends.

I have made some wonderful friends through Aion, friends who I know will be there in the good and the bad times. Friends who I will drive 3 or 4 hours to spend four or five hours chatting and stitching with and then drive 3 or 4 hours home. Friends who come and stay in my house when I go on holiday, friends who I love dearly. Friends who fly from half way around the world and coordinate their holidays just so they can attend a meet up.

So why am indulging in this nostalgia.

On Saturday August the 18th 2007 Aion will be closing.

We have been blessed that throughout this time a wonderful lady called Chris has looked after the forum. There are many of us who cannot express our thanks to Chris strongly enough - words do not do justice to how we feel about the contribution Aion has made to our lives.

Many of us have found a new place to hang out (see link to the right) but I know for me and many others Aion will always hold a special place in my heart.

Anyone fancy a crafty natter........

Comments

Popular Posts