Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Would you ever stitch one of your BAPs a second time? (This does not include starting over because of mistakes, bad fabric, etc., rather than stitching something from the first stitch for a second time.)


Probably not.

There are a couple of pieces where I have enjoyed every stitch. They have been a real pleasure to work on. For some reason everything has gone right - the fabric has a lovely feel to it and is nice to work with. Some of the stitches are a challenge to begin with but then once the pattern begins to flow a meditative quality takes over. There has been no frogging and no fudging. I've stayed focussed and finished the project in a timescale appropriate to its size (large). When framed it fulfils all my expectations.

However, despite this pleasure I can't imagine ever stitching them again. I believe that the pleasure I experienced was appropriate to a moment in time and place. For example by the time I finished one BAP I'd moved house (twice) changed my job and experienced serveral other life enhancing moments - it only took just over a year.

I should imagine it's a little like revisiting a childhood haunt or meeting up with an old flame - somethings really should stay in the memory.

Disclaimer - this doesn't apply to knitting - I am an addicted sock knitter (not a BAP? Do you know how many stitches are in just one sock!!!!) - the same pattern and the same yarn. I've just finished a BSJ and experienced all of the above and can't wait to cast on another one - anyone expecting a baby?

Comments

Popular Posts