Stitch Friends - part 4

Since Thursday the Knitting & Stitching Show has been on in Harrogate (UK). I live about 20 minutes outside Harrogate so it would have been rude not to go.

I went on Thursday afternoon by myself.

Today I went with some friends from A Crafty Natter.

Stitch Friends are the best. Today I saw things that I somehow missed on Thursday. On Thursday I thought the show was OK but not brilliant. Today I think the show was amazing.

I didn't buy too much. I got some pearl gray 32 count belfast linen (for a specific project), a subscription to Stitch Magazine from the Embroiders Guild, a really little craft light/magnifier to take to Guild meetings, workshops, meet ups and lace lessons. I also got a little box for £2 which has 24 bobbins, some buttons, stitch ripper, needles, needle threader and zips. It's going to live next to my sewing machine and be really useful.

We chatted, and laughed. We fondled Caron threads. We Ohhed and Ahhed at the buttons and gasped at the price of some of the charts/materials.

So for the past 3 weeks I've spent Saturdays with Stitch Friends - I'll miss them next Saturday.

Comments

Aussie Stitcher said…
I am so jealous of the time you have spent with other stitchers LOL. Your name badge is lovely and Alpine Seasons is looking great with all of the back stitching.
Anonymous said…
Well I'm glad to have been part of your stitchy friends get togethers over the last few weeks, I managed to see you twice, really wish I could have been at the show, I'll definately be there next year.
Have fun with your new project when you start it
Hugs Colly
Chris said…
How wonderful to be so near to Harrogate and to visit it with friends, I am green with envy. I live near the NEC well about 25 mins drive and this year couldn't go to the Stitching show there, because of a knee op, but I will be there next year and I must get some friends to come with me sounds such fun.

Chris

Popular Posts