UFO Night

Thanks to Moll on A Crafty Natter I now have the motivation and inspiration to pick up those unfinished objects and give them a few hours attention each week.  From now on Wednesday night is UFO Night.  My choice for this week is Alpine Seasons.  This piece has had an interesting history since I started it a couple of years ago and it is already full of memories - both good and bad.

At the start of UFO Night it looked like this.......


I'm working on the wildflowers around the edge.

The wildflowers are stunning but they are a real challenge - placing them is difficult, choosing the right thread/colour to use is a challenge and some of the effects are hard work.  But I am so proud when I look at them.  I think they have been one of the hardest things I have stitched for a long time.  

At the end of UFO Night it looked like this............


I got enormous satisfaction that despite the challenge, or perhaps because of it when I got to the beginning I was at exactly the right place, not a hole off, not a stitch too high but EXACTLY where I was supposed to be.

I really enjoyed UFO Night.  Across the world my friends who I've met on the internet are sat in their homes working on those pieces that they find challenging, boring, sad - the ones that stitching forgot.  I'm looking forward to next week already.


Comments

Popular Posts