About Me

What do you say?

I'm taking part in an Advent Exchange on one of the forums I chat on - 24 small pressies and one bigger one. I have a partner....ssshhhhh it's a secret and I hope a partner has me!!!

To make it easier for our partners we have been asked to have a wish list - that's easy - but also to do an About Me post - likes, dislikes etc. I'm finding it quite hard.

What do you say about yourself -

"Hi I'm Samantha and I like children, puppies and hope to achieve world peace"

or the more realistic

"arrrghhh what.....er........in a minute....................yes it's lovely........................where did I put it............chocolate, wine, cake and snogging.........."

There are the basics - I like natural, earthy tones. I don't do cute, Disney or cartoons in general. I love accessories, notions and bits and bobs in general. I knit, stitch, make bobbin lace like reading and folk music. Please don't send chocolate/food with nuts in cos DS has a nut allergy so no nuts in our house - and yes I have heard all the jokes prompted by that statement.

Or do I get more philosophical - as I look towards 40 I realise that life is about simplicity, nurturing and enjoyment. Being a mother and a wife is the most fulfilling thing I have ever done and it defines who I am. I have a very strong spiritual/moral/ethical compass and don't appreciate 'cruel' humour, violence or nastiness of any type. I live one moment at a time - now - not in the past or in the future. I'm not a complicated person - what you see is what you get.

Actually I think what I might say is:

Dear Advent Exchange partner - thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to think of me and my likes and dislikes. Could I ask that at least 4 of my presents aren't sent to me but to a charity of your choice. I'm sure I'll love every one of my gifts because you have chosen them (but I may like the chocolate ones best of all).

Can you believe I'm thinking about Christmas in July?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

Popular Posts