The Internet

Have I mentioned the internet recently? I spent a LOT of time on the internet - I've not timed it but it must be 3 to 4 hours a day - off and on whilst I'm doing other things.

Yesterday looked something like this:

6.30am Check a Crafty Natter forum, Ravelry, Mirabilia Stitchers forums

9.00am Check a Crafty Natter
Read some blogs
Order some stash pressies from Jaynes Attic for the Advent Exchange

12noon Check Yahoo Groups - Châtelaine Designs - Celtic Mystery and Design Support Group
Check Ravelry
Spend some time on the Châtelaine Designs YUKU group deciding if I'm going to do the next Christmas Mystery and sign up for the Online Class number 25
Check a Crafty Natter

2pmish Read some blogs
Check a Crafty Natter
Order a chart online from the Silver Needle
Check out The Gift of Stitching Yahoo Group

5pm Check a Crafty Natter
Try to source some threads for the BAP that is the embroidered bag project (I will share soon I promise)
Update my blog
Check Ravelry
Check the Silver Needle again to see if they've uploaded their What's New page today
Read some more blogs

9pm Check a Crafty Natter
Start looking for fabric for the Celtic Mystery have a look at Silkweaver - I love their fabric
Try and choose a Biscornu from the Gift of Stitching Biscornu issue

10pm Check a Crafty Natter
Turn off the computer


In addition I've checked what motorbike Steve McQueen rode in the Great Escape, booked a campsite in Thurso, Scotland, checked my bank account and sourced some stairs for a loft extension that DH is building.

I've never analysed my computer use before and I can't decide if it's good or bad. I read and type quickly so although I've done a lot I've done it efficiently and quickly. I love the internet - I've made some excellent friends, done some really exciting things and discovered some of my favourite designers.

I love the way Martina Weber of Châtelaine designs uses the internet to release her patterns. I love the way the Silver Needle features it's products and inspires me to try new and challenging things. I've only recently found Papillion Creations - I love that the world is literally at my fingertips.

Comments

Stitchingranny said…
The computer often gets cursed because I know I would do far more stitching without it but if I could only keep one modern gadget this would be it. After all you could manage without both tv and phone if you have the internet.

Popular Posts