Barter Time

With my first wage 20 years ago I bought this..................

In the past 20 years it's survived 10 house moves, had three remote controls, consolled me when my heart was broken, kept me distracted when in early labour, coped with the introduction of Channel 5, played endless episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine when Dalesboy was recovering from (numerious) operations. Lately it's got a little forgetful. I think it's down to age as it keeps forgetting where the channels are and needs frequent retuning.

This week Dalesman did a little bartering - hanging two doors for a brand new unused TV. I've had my old TV longer than I've had Dalesman (and therefore Dalesboy) we've been through a lot together. I know it's only a TV but the memories are very real....................farewell little black box.

Comments

Popular Posts