Catch Up

Is it really only a couple of weeks since New Year?

I've started my new job and so far so good - the people are nice, the work is interesting and I'm looking forward to when it feels like 'home' rather than feeling like a fish out of water.

I've had a stinking cold but I got over it really quickly. Since my five week cold/cough in Sept/Oct I've been seeing a clinical herbalist. One of the aims was to improve my immune system - and I got over the cold in four days which is a big improvement on five weeks!!!!!! I also wanted to look at my allergies and it would appear that I am no longer allergic to dogs. The lady who teaches me bobbin lace on a Thursday evening has two dogs and for the past four years I have had to take allergy tablets otherwise I would sneeze, cough and wheeze my way through the evening. sometimes the tablets didn't work and I felt really awful. For the past six weeks I haven't taken any tablets and I've been just fine. I love my clinical herbalist.

I was away last weekend at a tutorial. We tried a new venue and it was amazing. Greenwell Farm - perfect in every way. I was a little late arriving and imagine my delight at walking into the room to see four people (including the tutor) knitting. I had taken my knitting last time for breaks and the evening. This time I was able to knit during the tutorial. I felt much more grounded and was able to focus so much better. I am so thankful for a tutor who understands that it is possible to knit and listen.

My new job is 4 days a week so Tuesdays are for studying and catching up on paperwork. I was ill the first week and catching up from being away for the weekend last Tuesday. I am really looking forward to getting into the rhythm of Tuesdays. This Tuesday is for studying, maybe a walk and some laundry.

Dalesboy is playing in a concert this afternoon - I wonder if I can sit at the back and knit.

Comments

Colette said…
Samantha I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job, its always a little daunting being the newbie isnt it.#It looks like there is something to be said for herbalists what a turn around for you both with the allergy and the cold.
hugs Colly
Kim Johnston said…
Thank you for bringing knitting back into my life and the tutorial group XX

Popular Posts