Skipton, Knitting and memories

As a child I lived in Skipton, North Yorkshire in the UK - Gateway to the Dales.

Scanned from a postcard I sent to my Gran in the 70s

I spent the seventies in this lovely market town, no chain stores, playing on the moor and everyone knew my business - but that's a whole other story (more of that in another post).

I learnt to knit when I was about six and by the time I was nine I could read patterns and was knitting dresses for my dolls.  I would be taken to the local wool shop as a treat to choose a ball of wool for my next project.

Imagine my delight when I first heard about Yarndale - a wool festival taking place in Skipton this weekend.

So on Saturday and Sunday I am driving over the Dale from Harrogate with my lovely friends and celebrating everything fibre.



Comments

Popular Posts