Just knitting

I feel as if after years and years of studying and striving I've finally got somewhere or I've got old enough to realise I was always here.

I have a job I love, Calum has gone off to University, my friends are amazing and I have a healthy work / life balance with time to read, to bake and of course to knit.

This year my projects have looked a little like this:

Puff Puff - Hexipuffs - a lifetime project
In Threes by Kelly Without a Net
okay so it's crochet but sshhhh don't tell anyone!!
Dark Pearl, Carol Feller in Titus

There's a pair of socks somewhere ~ there are always socks.  Oh and I'm always knitting breasts (that's a work thing though).

I mostly work evenings and weekends facilitating groups as an antenatal teacher.  The mornings are for admin etc and the afternoons ....................  well for balance the afternoons are for knitting, listening to podcasts.  The latter is for self preservation as without that quiet time I do too much and become unwell - plus as a card carrying introvert those afternoons are pure bliss!

I have a tendancy to be distracted by bright shiny things - ooohhhh I could be a knit designer, have a podcast, write a book, travel the world, go to space...................

The thing is I am never happier than when I'm thinking about knitting, planning a new knitting project, reading about knitting, browsing Ravelry or just knitting.


Comments

Popular Posts