Saturday colour dominance

It's a rare Saturday when I'm not working.  I usually drive a couple of hours East or North to teach a full day antenatal class with the NCT and then drive home again.  I think I have some of the best jobs in the world (I have three or four) but a Saturday off is special.  Mr P is working and Calum, who is home from University for the summer, is still sleeping

It began with a pot of tea (Earl Gray Rooibush- no milk thank you), a pen, notebook, laptop in my lap and a Podcast on in the background (KnitBritish).



I'm planning the Strokkur KAL and want to understand more about colour dominance.  The pattern by Ysolda Teague is stunningly effective and not too complicated.  A quick Google and lo and behold I discover a post by Ysolda in her Technique Thursday series all about colour dominance.

Dovestone Natural Aran - my yarn of choice for this project comes in five natural shades.


The pattern uses three colours - the Main Colour (MC) which is used for the body of the sweater.  Contrasting Colour 1 (CC1), and Contrasting Colour 2 (CC2).   I've chosen #2 for the body with #5 and #3 for the other two.  But I haven't decided which one will be CC1 and which CC2.

So today I'm going to read about and understand colour dominance and then do two swatches and see the difference for myself.  Forty years knitting and I'm still learning!

Comments

Popular Posts